In addition to the Pet Health Care Library, we have provided the following links to websites that provide some great information on a variety of topics related to Equine veterinary medicine. We will update this page frequently, and would love to hear your ideas on links that you would like to see us add to this page to share with other pet owners. Feel free to send us your favorites. If we like them, we will add them to our list!
- National Animal Poison Control Center This is the website of the National Animal Poison Control Center. It includes a library, links to other sites, and phone numbers for the poison control center.
- West Nile Virus This site is maintained by the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, and has the latest information on the spread of West Nile Virus in the US, as well as information on disease transmission, symptoms, etc.
- American Association of Equine Practicianers - Home Site
- American Association of Equine Practicianers- Client Education
- American Veterinary Medical Association This site is a good starting point to learn more about a variety of topics, including feline injection-site sarcomas and the latest subjects in veterinary medicine
- Veterinary Information Network VIN is the world's first and largest online veterinary community
- eVetSite Systems makes it easy for veterinarians or their staff to create a professinal and educational veterinary hospital website. eVetSite Systems makes web site design easy and affordable!
- Help protect the welfare of walking horses
Tell your members of Congress to cosponsor the Prevent All Soring Tactics Act (PAST), H.R. 1518. The bill seeks to eliminate the abusive act of soring horses by improving the USDA's enforcement capabilities and strengthening penalties against violators, among other provisions. The AVMA fully supports the USDA in its efforts to enhance and enforce the regulations against soring. Visit AVMA's Legislative Action Center to ask your representatives to cosponsor the PAST act.